How do I know whether I need POLD’s or a Leak Defense System (shutoff valve), or both?


Where does your hot water come from? If it’s from a water heater specific to your home/condo, then you can have any combination of devices: Leak Defense System, POLD’s, or both. If your hot water is from a central boiler that supplies multiple units (not just yours), then you will want only POLD’s, as you are not able shut off water to only your unit.